True to the spirit of Aman, the safety and wellbeing of our communities has always been a priority. As Amanpulo prepares to safely reopen, in the wake of the COVID-19 global pandemic, the hotel is sensitive in doing so, following the various compliance and government mandates, and keeping the expectations and comfort of guests and staff at the forefront of everything we do.
As we continue to deliver the professional, personalised, genuine and compassionate service at Amanpulo, we are aware that we need to continually evaluate, update, and where necessary innovate, our current standards of excellence. We have always prided ourselves on offering guests a generosity of space in our secluded island location amidst abundant nature, both on land and sea, and of course clean and fresh air. This series of protocols and plans will constantly evolve and be updated as the situation changes. We hope the following instils comfort and confidence that wellbeing of Amanpulo guests and staff is of primary focus.
Ensuring the health of each person landing on our shores is the principal strategy for reducing COVID-19 infection rates, along with physical distancing and thorough sanitisation. The below details some changes and procedures that guests can expect during their stay: Amanpulo Lounge, In-Flight, Guest Arrival
• In order to facilitate contactless check-in, and to ensure the health and wellbeing of every individual arriving at Amanpulo, guests are requested to send their online registration form and copies of their IDs to our reservations team at the resort via email ([email protected]
) prior to their scheduled flight to the island.
• All guests that are above 21 years old must also submit a negative Covid-19 PCR test result to our reservations team at the resort via email ([email protected]
) at least 24 hours prior to their stay. The test must be taken no more than 72 hours before departure to the island.
• Guests that are 21 years old and below have the option to take an antibody rapid test in our private Manila Lounge instead. Should any guests that are 21 years old and below not wish to take an antibody rapid test in our Manila Lounge then they must also present a negative Covid-19 PCR test result to our reservations team at the resort via email ([email protected]
) at least 24 hours prior to their stay. This test must be taken no more than 72 hours before departure to the island.
• All guests must also pass a health assessment, which is conducted by a physician at the Manila Lounge, to enable them to board the flight to the island. For those arriving via private plane, these checks will take place upon arrival at the resort.
• After completing the health protocol, guests will then be ushered to the Manila Lounge to await their flight.
• Luggage will be thoroughly disinfected before security screening.
• Disinfecting of cabin and cockpit of the aircraft will be done four hours before each flight from Manila and immediately after passengers alight from the plane in Pamalican.
• Social distancing consideration will be implemented on the seating arrangement.
• Passengers will be given amenity kits consisting of hand sanitiser wipes, gloves and masks.
• Nap essentials consisting of a pillow, blanket and earplugs will be offered prior to departure and will be packaged for individual use.
• Upon arrival in Amanpulo, contactless check-in will be implemented. Housekeeping
• Villas and Casitas are not allocated back to back – allowing up to 24 hours between arrivals. Sanitiser gel or liquid is available in all public areas and re-filled throughout the day.
• The thorough cleaning of public areas with a focus on disinfecting door handles, lighting switches and all other high use areas.
• All Villas and Casitas are sanitised daily with focus on specific touch points within the full room perimeter. To avoid cross contamination, cleaning equipment (sponges, cloths and similar) are changed with every room.
• Rooms are refreshed with fresh air by opening windows and doors during servicing.
• All of the paper collateral has been removed from the rooms. A digital copy of the compendium is available via QR code for mobile phone viewing.
• Welcome amenities are delivered to rooms once guests have checked in, not before.
• On arrival, guests are advised that they can opt to have room linen changed, daily, once every two days or only on request. The same applies to the turn down service, with guests opting to have turn down service, or not. We fully understand that some guests may want less interaction and activity within their room. Food & Beverage and Dining
• We are offering options for different, more private, dining experiences, with menus focusing on wellness options and local produce. Immune booster beverages have been incorporated into non-alcoholic beverage lists.
• The thorough cleaning and sanitising of all tableware, menus, place mats, salt and pepper shakers take place after each use. If guests prefer, a one-use (recycled) paper menu is available.
• Staff have been trained to have minimal contact and communication during service when serving guests.
• Tables will be limited to groups of six, preferably members of the same household.
• Tables will be placed 6 feet apart.
• Utensils will be placed on table once the guest is seated.
• In-room dining is served with all food and drinks covered. Spa and Wellness
• Additional hygiene equipment (sanitiser wipes) are placed next to fitness equipment, with the addition of staff cleaning it after each use.
• The gym will be strictly limited to no more than four guests.
• Each wet facility will be limited to one guest/couple at a time, with a 30-minute limit should there be other guests waiting to use it.
• Each treatment room will be stocked with (PPE) for both guests and employee use. Each room has enough sanitiser and wipes/cleaning supplies to ensure the room is cleaned thoroughly between each use
• There is a minimum of 30-minute turnover time between sessions to allow thorough cleaning of each treatment room.
• The spa lobby is equipped with sanitising amenities to include gloves, masks and sanitiser.
• Facials are not offered as part of our spa menu unless requested by the guest.
• Guests will be asked to use the steam and shower facility in their treatment room prior to enjoying a treatment. Activities
• All private activities are limited to five individuals, including driver/boat captain, and/or guide, where applicable.