True to the spirit of Aman, the safety and wellbeing of our communities has always been a priority. As Amanpulo operates in the wake of the COVID-19 global pandemic, the hotel is sensitive in doing so, following the various compliance and government mandates, and keeping the expectations and comfort of guests and staff at the forefront of everything we do.
As we continue to deliver the professional, personalised, genuine, and compassionate service at Amanpulo, we are aware that we need to continually evaluate, update, and where necessary innovate, our current standards of excellence. We have always prided ourselves on offering guests a generosity of space in our secluded island location amidst abundant nature, both on land and sea, and of course clean and fresh air. This series of protocols and plans will constantly evolve and be updated as the situation changes. We hope the following instills comfort and conﬁdence that wellbeing of Amanpulo guests and staff is of primary focus.
Amanpulo is certified compliant with the Aman Covid-19 Safety Assessment in partnership with SGS, and is pleased to earn the Sharecare VERIFIED™ with Forbes Travel Guide verification that covers over 360 global health security standards.
Ensuring the health of each person landing on our shores is the principal strategy for reducing COVID-19 infection rates, along with physical distancing and thorough sanitisation. The below details some changes and procedures that guests can expect during their stay:
Amanpulo Lounge, In-Flight, Guest Arrival
- In order to facilitate contactless check-in, guests are requested to send their online registration form and copies of their IDs to our reservations team at the resort via email ([email protected]) prior to their scheduled ﬂight to the island
- International guests that are allowed entry to the Philippines must follow mandated travel guidelines, amongst which are to have a valid and existing visa at the time of entry, a pre-booked accommodation facility for at least 6 nights in an accredited quarantine facility, and a Covid-19 PCR swab test on the sixth day from arrival*
- All domestic and international guests must submit negative Covid-19 PCR test results to our reservations team at the resort via email ([email protected]) at least 8 hours prior to their stay in Amanpulo. The test must be taken in Manila no more than 48 hours before their ﬂight to the island
- Guests who have taken the PCR swab test are requested to quarantine from the time they had the swab test taken until their ﬂight to Amanpulo to preserve the integrity of the results
- All guests must also pass a health assessment, which is conducted by a physician at the Medical Reception of the Manila Lounge to enable them to board the ﬂight to the island
- Domestic and international guests who took commercial ﬂights to Manila must also test negative in the required antigen swab test that will be administered by the physician to be cleared to join the ﬂight
- For those arriving via private plane, these checks will take place upon arrival at the resort.
- After completing the health protocol, guests will then be ushered to the Manila Lounge to await their ﬂight
- Luggage will be thoroughly disinfected before security screening
- Disinfecting of the cabin and cockpit of the aircraft will be done four hours before each ﬂight from Manila and immediately after passengers alight from the plane in Pamalican
- Social distancing consideration will be implemented on the seating arrangement; please be informed that face masks are required to be worn for the duration of the ﬂight
- Passengers will be given amenity kits consisting of hand sanitiser wipes, gloves, and masks
- Nap essentials consisting of a pillow, blanket, and earplugs will be offered prior to departure and will be packaged for individual use
- Upon arrival in Amanpulo, contactless check-in will be implemented
- In line with a professional consultation with SGS and Diversey, across our portfolio we have implemented an Aman post-covid 19 protocol to ensure we are doing our utmost in terms of elevated policies in hygiene and other containment best practices to promote a hygienic and healthy environment for our employees and guests alike.
- Sanitiser gel or liquid is available in all public areas and re-ﬁlled throughout the day.
- The thorough cleaning of public areas with a focus on disinfecting door handles, lighting switches, and all other high use areas.
- All Villas and Casitas are sanitised daily with a focus on speciﬁc touchpoints within the full room perimeter. To avoid cross contamination, cleaning equipment (sponges, cloths, and similar) are changed with every room.
- Rooms are refreshed with fresh air by opening windows and doors during servicing.
- All of the paper collateral has been removed from the rooms. A digital copy of the compendium is available via QR code for mobile phone viewing.
- On arrival, guests are advised that they can opt to have room linen changed, daily, once every two days or only on request. The same applies to the turndown service, with guests opting to have turndown service, or not. We fully understand that some guests may want less interaction and activity within their room.
Food & Beverage and Dining
- In restaurants and on terraces, we have reassessed the furniture layout to enable social distancing. In addition, we are using and encouraging outdoor dining options where possible. Tables will be amply spaced apart.
- All staff has been trained in the health and safety aspects relating to COVID-19. They have also been trained for minimal contact and communication during service.
- Aman rarely uses buffets, but it is a policy not to have any shared open food displays at this time.
- We are offering options for more private dining experiences, with menus focusing on wellness options and local produce. Immune booster beverages have been incorporated into non-alcoholic beverage lists.
- The thorough cleaning and sanitising of all tableware, menus, placemats, salt and pepper shakers take place after each use. Utensils will be placed on the table once the guest is seated
- Menus are available via QR code to minimize contact. If guests prefer, a one-use paper menu is available
- In-room dining is served with all food and drinks covered. Guest will be asked where they prefer to have their meal – if inside the casitas or in the veranda, and the staff will practice social distancing. All food and beverage orders will be packaged and covered, food will be seasoned to perfection to do away with salt and pepper shakers.
Spa and Wellness
- Additional hygiene equipment (sanitiser wipes) are placed next to ﬁtness equipment, with the addition of staff cleaning it after each use.
- The gym will be strictly limited to no more than four guests.
- Each wet facility will be limited to one guest/couple at a time, with a 30-minute limit should there be other guests waiting to use it.
- Each treatment room will be stocked with (PPE) for both guests and employee use. Each room has enough sanitiser and wipes/cleaning supplies to ensure the room is cleaned thoroughly between each use.
- There is a minimum of 30-minute turnover time between sessions to allow cleaning of each treatment room.
- The spa lobby is equipped with sanitising amenities to include gloves, masks and sanitiser.
- Facials are not offered as part of our spa menu unless requested by the guest.
- Guests will be asked to use the steam and shower facility in their treatment room prior to their treatment.
- All private activities are limited to ﬁve individuals, including driver/boat captain, and/or guide, where applicable.