True to the spirit of Aman, the safety and wellbeing of our communities has always been a priority. As Amanpulo operates in the wake of the COVID-19 global pandemic, the resort is sensitive in doing so, following the various compliance and government mandates, and keeping the expectations and com-fort of guests and staff at the forefront of everything we do. This series of protocols will constantly evolve and be updated as the situation changes. We hope the following instils comfort and confidence that wellbeing of Amanpulo guests and staff is of primary focus.
Amanpulo is certified compliant with the Aman Covid-19 Safety Assessment in partnership with SGS, and is pleased to earn the Sharecare VERIFIED™ with Forbes Travel Guide verification that covers over 360 global health security standards. Ensuring the health of each person landing on our shores is the principal strategy for reducing COVID-19 infection rates, along with physical distancing and thorough sanitisation. The below details some procedures that guests can expect during their stay:
Amanpulo Entry Requirements:
- To enter Amanpulo, all guests must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Minors below 12 years old who are not vaccinated must be accompanied by fully vaccinated parent/s or guardian/s.
- Guests must also submit copies of their IDs, vaccination certificates and the online registration form to the reservations team via email prior to their scheduled flight to the island.
- Guests must submit their required Amanpulo Covid-19 testing entry requirement following their vaccinations status as detailed below, prior to their scheduled flight to the island.
Amanpulo Covid-19 Testing Entry Requirements:
- Guests who are fully vaccinated must present a negative RT-PCR (swab or saliva) test taken 48 hours prior to the time of departure.
- Guests who are fully vaccinated and have at least one booster shot against Covid-19 completed not less than 14 days before departure have the option to present a negative RT-PCR (swab or saliva) test taken 48 hours, OR a laboratory-based negative rapid antigen (swab or saliva) test administered and certified by a healthcare professional in a healthcare facility, laboratory, clinic taken 24 hours prior to the time of departure.
- For domestic guests coming from Manila, the Covid-19 test must be taken prior to the departure flight to Amanpulo.
- For arriving international guests, the Covid-19 test must be taken at the country of origin in a continuous travel to the Philippines excluding lay-overs provided that guest will not leave the airport premises or will not be admitted into another country during such lay-over. This test will be accept-ed by Amanpulo provided that the guest arrives at the Manila Lounge direct from their international flight on the same day or they quarantine in their hotel in Manila while they wait for their flight the next day.
For arriving international guests, requirements to enter the Philippines below:
- Foreign nationals may enter the Philippines provided they comply with the applicable visa requirements. Philippine borders are open visa-free to tourists from citizens of 157 countries entitled to stay not exceeding 30 days; for Macau and China up to 14 days. (Please refer to the Bureau of Immigration for the full list.)
- Foreign national may enter the Philippines provided further that they:
- Are fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Children below 12 years old must be traveling with fully vaccinated parent/s or guardian/s.
- Carry acceptable proof of Covid-19 Vaccination (issued by the WHO, VaxCertPH, National or state manual/digital vaccination certificate of the foreign government, other proof permitted by the IATF.
Present a negative RT-PCR test taken 48 hours or laboratory-based rapid antigen negative test taken 24 hours prior to date and time of departure from country of origin/first port of embarkation in a continuous travel to the Philippines excluding lay-overs provided that he/she has not left the airport premises or has not been admitted into another country during such lay-over. However the following are exempt from this requirement: foreign nationals 18 years old and above who are fully vaccinated and have at least one booster shot completed at least 14 days before departure, foreign nationals 12 to 17 years old who are fully vaccinated, foreign nationals below 12 years old accompanied by parents/guardians who are exempt as above.
Please note that a Covid-19 test is no longer a requirement to enter the Philippines for guests who have received their booster vaccine. However, entry to Amanpulo still requires that guests must present a Covid- 19 test. To ensure smooth transit to Amanpulo, arriving international guests are advised to take the required Covid-19 test prior to international flight following the guidelines of Amanpulo’s Covid-19 Testing Requirement.
Have passports valid for at least six (6) months.
- For temporary foreign visitors, return tickets to their country of origin or next international destination.
- Travel insurance for Covid-19 treatment is not required but highly recommended.
- Prior to boarding international flight, guests must register online. Further entry instructions are provided by the airline. Guests are advised to refer to the Philippine Bureau of Immigration for up-to-date guidelines.
- Arriving foreign nationals must self-monitor for Covid-19 symptoms for seven days upon arrival.
Amanpulo Lounge, In-Flight, Guest Arrival
- International foreign guests who wish to have a same-day connecting flight to Amanpulo may avail of the complimentary land transfers between NAIA International Airport and the Amanpulo Lounge in Manila.
- The transport taking guests to the Manila Lounge must not depart until guests are cleared to board the flight to Amanpulo.
- All guests must pass the health assessment administered by a physician at the Manila Lounge to be cleared to board the flight.
- Should guests be diagnosed with Covid-19 symptoms during health assessment or test positive in the required antigen test for select cases, they will not be cleared to board the flight.
- For those arriving via private plane, health checks will take place upon arrival at the resort. The plane will not depart until the guests are cleared to proceed with their stay.
- After completing the health protocol, guests will be ushered to the Manila Lounge to await their flight.
- Luggage will be thoroughly disinfected before security screening.
- Disinfecting of cabin and cockpit of the aircraft will be done before each flight from Manila and immediately after passengers alight from the plane in Pamalican.
- Face masks are required to be worn in the Manila Lounge and for the duration of the flight. The use of face shields is optional.
- Passengers will be given amenity kits consisting of hand sanitiser wipes, gloves and masks.
- Guests must declare if they are experiencing any symptoms related to Covid-19 during their stay. The resort physician will conduct a health check and administer an RT-PCR test or antigen test.
- In line with professional consultation with SGS and Diversey, across our portfolio we have implemented an Aman post-Covid 19 protocol to ensure we are doing our utmost in terms of elevated policies in hygiene and other containment best practices to promote a hygienic and healthy environment for our employees and guests alike.
- Sanitiser gel or liquid is available in all public areas and re-filled throughout the day.
- All Villas and Casitas are sanitised daily with focus on specific touch points within the full room perimeter. To avoid cross contamination, cleaning equipment (sponges, cloths and similar) are changed with every room.
- A digital copy of the compendium is available via QR code for mobile phone viewing.
- On arrival, guests are advised that they can opt for daily make-up and turn down service, daily make-up service only, daily turndown service only, only by request, or none at all. Linens are replaced during make-up service, unless otherwise requested. We fully understand that some guests may want less interaction and activity within their room.
Food & Beverage and Dining
- In restaurants and on terraces, we have reassessed the furniture layout to enable social distancing. In addition, we are using and encouraging outdoor dining options where possible. Tables will be amply spaced apart.
- All staff have been trained in the health and safety aspects relating to COVID-19. They have also been trained for minimal contact and communication during service.
- We are offering options for more private dining experiences, with menus focusing on wellness options and local produce. Immune booster beverages have been incorporated into non-alcoholic beverage lists.
- Menus are available via QR code to minimize contact.
- In-room dining is served with all food and drinks covered. Guest will be asked where they prefer to have their meal – if inside the casitas or in the veranda, and the staff will practice social distancing. All food and beverage orders will be packaged and covered.
Spa and Wellness
- Each wet facility will be limited to one guest/couple at a time, with a 30-minute limit should there be other guests waiting to use it.
- There is a minimum of 30-minute turnover time between sessions to allow cleaning of each treatment room.
- The number of participants is limited for all activities in consideration of ample physical distancing.