True to the spirit of Aman, the safety and wellbeing of our communities has always been a priority. As Amanpulo operates in the wake of the COVID-19 global pandemic, the resort is sensitive in doing so, following the various compliance and government mandates, and keeping the expectations and com-fort of guests and staff at the forefront of everything we do.
As we continue to deliver the professional, personalised, genuine and compassionate service at Amanpulo, we are aware that we need to continually evaluate, update, and where necessary innovate, our current standards of excellence. We have always prided ourselves on offering guests a generosity of space in our secluded island location amidst abundant nature, both on land and sea, and of course clean and fresh air. This series of protocols and plans will constantly evolve and be updated as the situation changes. We hope the following instils comfort and confidence that wellbeing of Amanpulo guests and staff is of primary focus.
Amanpulo is certified compliant with the Aman Covid-19 Safety Assessment in partnership with SGS, and is pleased to earn the Sharecare VERIFIED™ with Forbes Travel Guide verification that covers over 360 global health security standards. Ensuring the health of each person landing on our shores is the principal strategy for reducing COVID-19 infection rates, along with physical distancing and thorough sanitisation. The below details some procedures that guests can expect during their stay:
Amanpulo Lounge, In-Flight, Guest Arrival
- In order to facilitate contactless check-in, guests are requested to send their online registration form and copies of their IDs and vaccination certificates to our reservations team at the resort via email prior to their scheduled flight to the island.
- Following health guidelines, guests must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to enter the resort. Children who are not vaccinated must be accompanied by fully vaccinated parent/s or guardian/s.
- International guests allowed entry to the Philippines must follow travel guidelines in place at the time of their arrival, amongst which are to have a valid and existing visa at the time of entry and a pre-booked accommodation in an accredited quarantine facility followed by a Covid-19 RT-PCR test within the mandated period. Guests are advised to check travel advisory updates from the Philippine Bureau of Immigration.
- All guests must submit negative Covid-19 RT-PCR test results to our reservations team at the resort via email at least 4 hours prior to their stay in Amanpulo. The test must be taken no more than 24 hours before their flight to the island.
- Guests are requested to quarantine from the time they take the required RT-PCR test until their flight to Amanpulo to preserve the integrity of the results.
- Prior to departure, each guest must pass the health assessment and test negative in an antigen test which will be administered by a physician at the Medical Reception of the Manila Lounge to be cleared to board the flight.
- For those arriving via private plane, health checks will take place upon arrival at the resort.
- After completing the health protocol, guests will be ushered to the Manila Lounge to await their flight.
- Luggage will be thoroughly disinfected before security screening.
- Disinfecting of cabin and cockpit of the aircraft will be done four hours before each flight from Manila and immediately after passengers alight from the plane in Pamalican.
- Social distancing consideration will be implemented on the seating arrangement.
- Face masks are required to be worn in the Manila Lounge and for the duration of the flight. The use of face shields is optional.
- Passengers will be given amenity kits consisting of hand sanitiser wipes, gloves and masks.
- Nap essentials consisting of a pillow, blanket and earplugs packaged for individual use will be offered.
- Upon arrival in Amanpulo, contactless check-in will be implemented.
- In line with professional consultation with SGS and Diversey, across our portfolio we have implemented an Aman post-Covid 19 protocol to ensure we are doing our utmost in terms of elevated policies in hygiene and other containment best practices to promote a hygienic and healthy environment for our employees and guests alike.
- Sanitiser gel or liquid is available in all public areas and re-filled throughout the day.
- The thorough cleaning of public areas with a focus on disinfecting door handles, lighting switches and all other high use areas.
- All Villas and Casitas are sanitised daily with focus on specific touch points within the full room perimeter. To avoid cross contamination, cleaning equipment (sponges, cloths and similar) are changed with every room.
- Rooms are refreshed with fresh air by opening windows and doors during servicing.
- All of the paper collateral has been removed from the rooms. A digital copy of the compendium is available via QR code for mobile phone viewing.
- On arrival, guests are advised that they can opt for daily make-up and turn down service, daily make-up service only, daily turndown service only, only by request, or none at all. Linens are replaced during make-up service, unless otherwise requested. We fully understand that some guests may want less interaction and activity within their room.
Food & Beverage and Dining
- In restaurants and on terraces, we have reassessed the furniture layout to enable social distancing. In addition, we are using and encouraging outdoor dining options where possible. Tables will be amply spaced apart.
- All staff have been trained in the health and safety aspects relating to COVID-19. They have also been trained for minimal contact and communication during service.
- Aman rarely uses buffets, but it is a policy not to have any shared open food displays at this time.
- We are offering options for more private dining experiences, with menus focusing on wellness options and local produce. Immune booster beverages have been incorporated into non-alcoholic beverage lists.
- The thorough cleaning and sanitising of all tableware, menus, place mats, salt and pepper shakers take place after each use. Utensils will be placed on table once the guest is seated
- Menus are available via QR code to minimize contact. If guests prefer, a one-use paper menu is available
- In-room dining is served with all food and drinks covered. Guest will be asked where they prefer have their meal – if inside the casitas or in the veranda, and the staff will practice social distancing. All food and beverage orders will be packaged and covered.
Spa and Wellness
- Sanitiser wipes are placed next to fitness equipment, with the addition of staff cleaning it after each use.
- The gym will be strictly limited to no more than four guests.
- Each wet facility will be limited to one guest/couple at a time, with a 30-minute limit should there be other guests waiting to use it.
- Each treatment room will be stocked with (PPE) for both guests and employee use. Each room has enough sanitiser and wipes/cleaning supplies to ensure the room is cleaned thoroughly between each use.
- There is a minimum of 30-minute turnover time between sessions to allow cleaning of each treatment room.
- The spa lobby is equipped with sanitising amenities to include gloves, masks and sanitiser.
- Facials are not offered as part of our spa menu unless requested by the guest.
- Guests will be asked to use the steam and shower facility in their treatment room prior to their treatment.
- The number of participants is limited for all activities in consideration of ample physical distancing.