Last updated: 1 June 2021
Summary of how we use your data
- What do we do with your information and what is the legal basis for this use? The Aman Group, comprising Aman Group S.a.r.l as well as its affiliates, subsidiaries and related entities such as Aman Products UK Limited ("Aman Group" or “Aman”) and the resorts and other properties we own or manage, use your personal information to process and facilitate bookings, product orders and deliveries, provide you with highly-individualized service at our resorts or for delivery to your chosen location, respond to your requests for information, inform you of our products and services and other purposes as set out in this notice.
- Disclosure: Data is shared with companies in the Aman Group, third party service providers and professional advisers that may be located outside the EEA.
- Your rights: You have certain rights to your personal information under applicable laws, including a right to object to some of the processing which Aman carries out. More information about your rights, and how to exercise them, is set out in the “What rights do I have?” section.
Aman Group S.a.r.l and its affiliates in the Aman group of companies (ie. all companies whose shares are held or beneficially owned, in whole or in part, whether directly or indirectly, by Silverlink Resorts Ltd or any subsidiary thereof) (hereinafter, "The Group") is responsible for the personal data we hold about you. We are committed to respecting the privacy of our guests to our properties, clients of our services and products and users of our website.
The Group acts as an independent data controller. If you have booked to stay in a resort which is not owned by the Group, the owners of the hotel or resort, have limited rights to use your data as described in the Data sharing Section below.
A list of The Group’s entities and their contact details can be found here: List of Controllers
What does this notice cover?
The Privacy Notice applies to personal data that you provide to us when you make enquires, or a booking to stay at our resorts, or during property visits, or as clients of our services or products, and to personal data which we collect when you visit our website or through our social media pages.
The Privacy Notice describes the types of personal data we collect, how we use the personal data, with whom we share it, and your rights in relation to your data.
Personal information which we obtain about you
Personal data you provide us
When you fill forms in on our website, complete guest registration cards, request information about our goods and services, purchase vouchers or want to validate vouchers from charity donations, or purchase e-cards, opt in for marketing information, create on-line accounts, or communicate with us by email, phone or social media messages, we may collect and process from you the following types of personal data:
- your contact information (e.g. name, telephone number, email address, postal address);
- your financial information (e.g. credit card number, security code, expiration date);
- information related to your travel profile (e.g. nationality, passport and visa data, accommodation and travel preferences, travel itinerary);
- prior guest stays or interactions, goods and services purchased, special services and amenities requests
- personal preferences to make more enjoyable your stay and experiences with us such as likes and dislikes about our services that you may tell us about so that we can improve our services and special health accommodations (food allergies, dietary requirements, mobility requirements) or information related to your general health and physical characteristics, and your skincare and wellness concerns (e.g., skin type, hair type, skin sensitivity, contraindications, beauty concerns, preference for nourishing or purifying skincare products)
- membership to Aman Club or loyalty program data
- residential sale and preferences in relation to residential sales
- purchase and delivery of fashion and skincare products and services (prior resort stays, delivery address, country of residence, favourite currency) or reviews about our products and services;
- personal messages in relation to sale of e-cards
- images and video and audio data via security cameras located in public areas, such as hallways and lobbies, in our offices and resorts;
- in more limited circumstances, we may also collect: data about family members and companions and important dates (birthdays, anniversaries and special occasions).
When we conduct due diligence assessments in relation to new products and services, and in the course of business activities we collect personal information from our retail suppliers, service providers (consultants, travel agents, journalists, PR agents, architects, engineers, brokers, lawyers, trainers, employee survey, payroll and pension assistants, etc) and business partners:
- contact information (e.g. name, telephone number, email address, postal address);
- financial information (e.g. credit card number, security code, expiration date);
- information related to their travel profile (e.g. nationality, passport and visa data, accommodation and travel preferences, travel itinerary).
When you visit our website, we may also collect through the use of “cookies” or similar technologies the following data: date and time, originating IP address, domain name, type of browser and operating system used (if provided by the browser), URL of the referring page, completion status of the request, geographical location, language preferences.
A Cookie is a small piece of data (text file) which a website you visit requests your internet browser to store on your device, in order to remember the information about you, such as your location, preferences, or login information. To learn more about the Cookies, how they are used and your choices in relation to cookies on our website, please see the Cookie section.
Personal information received from business partners
We collect your personal information from companies with whom we partner to provide you with goods, services, or offers based upon your experiences at our properties or that we believe will be of interest to you such as on-property outlets, travel and tour partners.
The information we collect from such parties include your name, contact information and information related to your travel or stay profile.
What information about you do we receive from third parties?
Sometimes, we receive information about you from third parties. In particular, we may receive information about you from travel agents, tour operators and destination management companies whom you have direct contact.
The information we collect from such third parties include your contact information and information related to your travel profile.
Why do we need your personal information?
We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
to fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract: this is relevant where you make bookings for our services or place an order with us. This includes, for example:
- processing and facilitating bookings, including verifying your identity, taking payments and communicating with you and guest registration;
- processing and delivering an order of our fashion and skincare products;
- processing in relation to residential sales;
- processing in relation to membership to Aman Club.
as required by The Group to conduct our business and pursue our legitimate interests, in particular:
- responding to requests which you have submitted via our site and to deal with on-going matters relating to such requests, for example, request during your stay;
- conducting surveys and business intelligence activities to offer and improve the products and services and investigate any complaints received from clients or from others, about our website or our products or services;
- make improvements to our website and social media pages;
- provide for the safety and security of our guests and visitors.
where you give us consent:
- for providing of marketing information (electronic or otherwise) or other communications;
- for providing you with highly individualised services at our resorts (dietary requirements in relation with food and beverage or health condition and preferences in relation to wellness and spa The Group will use the data for the purpose explained at the time.
to protect your vital interests such as contacting emergency services or asking you for emergency contacts; or
to comply with legal obligations relating to financial transactions in connections with booking and guest registration, such as obligations to maintains books and records.
We may also process your personal data to monitor customer accounts to prevent, investigate and/or report fraud, terrorism, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime, in accordance with applicable law or use data in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes as necessary (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation)
Sharing your personal information
Intra-groupdata sharing: we may also disclose your personal information to our group companies for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice such as business intelligence, providing and personalizing the services.
Communication with third parties: we may also disclose your personal information with third parties:
- who provide us with booking and reservation management, payment related, data management, customer relationship management, marketing and advertising, information technology services or administration services in order to process your bookings, provide information about tailored and individualized services/offers including on social media, and provide you with any information that you have requested;
- who provide us with currier and warehouse services for our fashion and skincare products;
- our advisors, consultants and insurer in event of a claim, dispute or where otherwise necessary;
- the owner of the property you visit, when it is managed but not owned by Aman Group;
- where we consider that we need to in order to comply with any law or regulation or with requests from government agencies or where we suspect that any criminal offence may have been committed, to protect our rights, property or safety or that of others and in any circumstances where we consider that we are permitted to do so by law or regulation; and
- If the business is sold or integrated with another business, your details will be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchaser’s adviser and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
Your personal data may be transferred to countries other than the countries in which the data was originally collected. We will always take steps to ensure that your data is used by third parties in accordance with this Privacy Notice and comply with applicable legal requirements. In particular, if you are located in the European Economic Area, we will only transfer your personal data if the country to which the personal data is transferred has been subject to an adequacy decision by the EU Commission or we have put in place appropriate safeguards in respect to the transfer such as EU Commission approved standard contractual clauses and additional safeguards.
In accordance with applicable laws, you may have rights in relation to your personal information. Such rights include:
You have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal information; to correct, object to processing, delete or restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal information; and to obtain the personal information you provide to us for a contract or with your consent in a structured, machine readable format, and to ask us to share (port) this data to another controller.
Wherever we rely on your consent, you will always be able to withdraw that consent, although we may have other legal grounds for processing your data for other purposes.
These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal information about another person, where they would infringe the rights of a third party (including our rights) or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping. Relevant exemptions are included in applicable data protection laws. We will inform you of relevant exemptions we rely upon when responding to any request you make.
To exercise any of these rights, or to obtain other information, such as a copy of a legitimate interests balancing test, you can get in touch with us using the details set out below. If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to an applicable data protection authority where you live, work or where you believe a breach may have occurred.
If you do not wish to remain on our database and to receive our personalized mailings (electronic or otherwise) or to exercise your rights or to make a compliant, please contact us at [email protected].
How long do we retain your data?
We will keep your personal data for as long as needed to fulfil the purposes for which it is collected unless we are required or permitted by law to keep the personal data for longer.
Your personal data will be deleted if your last interaction with us (for example your last visit to our property or opening marketing communication from Aman) was over 5 years ago, unless legal obligations relating to financial transactions require us to keep longer some personal data.
Cookies and other data
Some cookies used are necessary for the operation of the website (strictly necessary), others for analysing the use of our services (we collect these data through Google Analytics).
We also use third party advertising companies to server advertisements regarding goods and services. These companies place cookies on your browser to collect information about your browsing habits to deliver advertising to you that is relevant to you and your interests. The cookies we use include Google Ad Services, Google Tag Manager, Facebook, DataLayer, Travel ClickAdwords, DoubleClick, QuantumMetric, Yahoo, Bing, Yahoo Japan, Wordpress, WooCommerce.
We also use web beacons. These are pixel tags tracking the actions by users. We use them to measure the success of marketing campaigns. We use Facebook's, Vimeo's and Brightcove's pixels.
We use the following cookies:
|www.aman.com||The cookie is used by cdn services like CloudFare to identify individual clients behind a shared IP address and apply security settings on a per-client basis. It does not correspond to any user ID in the web application and does not store any personally identifiable information.||Persistent||Necessary|
|www.aman.com||This cookie is used by Google Analytics to understand user interaction with the website. ||Persistent||Analytics|
|www.aman.com||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to calculate visitor, session, campaign data and keep track of site usage for the site's analytics report. The cookies store information anonymously and assign a randomly generated number to identify unique visitors. ||Persistent||Analytics|
|www.aman.com||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to store information of how visitors use a website and helps in creating an analytics report of how the website is doing. The data collected including the number visitors, the source where they have come from, and the pages visited in an anonymous form. ||Persistent||Analytics|
|www.aman.com||This cookies is used by Quantum Metric to collect and aggregate data about how users interact with our website(s); what content is viewed, for how long and if any issues were encountered. We use this information to improve our user experience.||Persistent||Analytics|
|www.doubleclick.net||Used by Google DoubleClick and stores information about how the user uses the website and any other advertisement before visiting the website. This is used to present users with ads that are relevant to them according to the user profile. ||Persistent||Advertisement|
|www.aman.com||This cookie is set by Facebook to deliver advertisement when they are on Facebook or a digital platform powered by Facebook advertising after visiting this website. ||Persistent||Advertisement|
|www.facebook.com||The cookie is set by Facebook to show relevant advertisements to the users and measure and improve the advertisements. The cookie also tracks the behaviour of the user across the web on sites that have Facebook pixel or Facebook social plugin. ||Persistent||Advertisement|
|www.ipstack.com||The cookie is used by cdn services like CloudFare to identify individual clients behind a shared IP address and apply security settings on a per-client basis. It does not correspond to any user ID in the web application and does not store any personally identifiable information. ||Persistent||Necessary|
|yahoo.co.jp||This Cookie is used by Yahoo to provide ads, contents or analytics. ||Persistent||Advertisement|
You are not obliged to accept cookies. If you don’t accept cookies we shall not place cookies on your browser unless they are strictly necessary for the operation of the website.
How to contact us
OGS London Limited
63 Brook Street, Mayfair, London W1K 4HS, United Kingdom
Contact No: +44 203 861 8700
If you have any queries regarding this Privacy Notice or complaints about our use of your information please contact us at “[email protected]” and we will do our best to deal with your complaint or query as soon as possible.
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time and without prior notice to you. We will indicate at the top of the Privacy Notice when it was most recently updated.