INFORMATION WHICH WE MAY OBTAIN ABOUT YOU
We ask visitors to our site who register with us to supply us with personal information. The types of personal information we may collect and process from you include:
- your contact information (e.g., name, telephone number, email address, postal address);
- your financial information (e.g. credit card number, security code, expiration date); and information related to your travel profile (e.g., accommodation and travel preferences, booking history, special health accommodations);
- if you contact us or our agents via our site, we may keep a record of that communication and any communications and correspondence with you; and information about your computer, including where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and security reasons and to collect aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
In accordance with your rights under the Data Protection Act 1998, you may request the amendment of the personal information held. Should you wish to have your information updated or corrected please contact email@example.com.
WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION
We may use the personal information you supply to us via our site to:
- process and facilitate bookings;
- provide you with the best care at our resorts;
- provide you with travel-related information, information relating to Aman or promotional details about products and services that may be of interest to you, as well as personalised mailings (electronic or otherwise) or other communications that you consent to receive;
- respond to requests which you have submitted via our site and to deal with on-going matters relating to such requests; and present content from our site in the way that we consider most effective.
TRANSMISSION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE EEA
In some cases we may be required to disclose your personal information to comply with legal requirements and requests from government agencies. We may also disclose your personal data to our group companies or to third parties:
- who provide us with services, where we need to in order to provide you with any information that you have requested;
- where we consider that we need to in order to comply with any law or regulation, where we suspect that any criminal offence may have been committed, to protect our rights, property or safety or that of others and in any circumstances where we consider that we are permitted to do so by law or regulation; and
- where that third party is a professional adviser to us or any of our group companies.
COOKIES AND WEB BEACONS
The cookies we use are "analytical cookies" sent by Google Analytics. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to recognise and track which parts of our site you visit when you are using our site. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example by making sure visitors are finding what they need easily.
An overview of Google Analytics is available at http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html.
You are not obliged to accept cookies. If you wish, you can set your browser to notify you before you receive a cookie so you have the chance to accept it and you can also set your browser to refuse to receive or send all cookies. The website www.allaboutcookies.org (run by the Interactive Marketing Bureau) contains step-by-step guidance on how cookies can be switched off by users.
Google Analytics also uses web beacons (also known as web bugs). A "web beacon" is a clear picture file which keeps track of your navigation through the website. Turning off the website's cookies as detailed above will prevent web beacons from tracking your specific activity. The web beacon may still record an anonymous visit from your IP address but unique information will not be recorded.
If you wish to opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you can visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and download the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
More information on cookies and web beacons is available at the website www.allaboutcookies.org
Our site logs your IP address and other information about your computer for administrative and security reasons and to collate statistical (non-personal) information about the use of our site and report that information to our advertisers.
If you do not wish to remain on our database and to receive our personalised mailings (electronic or otherwise) or other communications, please note that you may opt out of our database by using the “Unsubscribe” option at the footer of our email communications, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our full contact details are as follows:
The Data Protection Officer
Aman International Pte Ltd
Address: 1 Orchard Spring Lane, #01-05 Tourism Court, Singapore 247729
Contact No: (65) 68832555
*You can reach us from Monday to Friday, between 9 am and 12 pm (Singapore time).
Aman does not intend to collect any Personal Information from children or minors under the age of 18. Accordingly, if a minor has provided us with Personal Information, a parent or guardian of the minor may contact us via email at email@example.com or by telephone at (65) 68832555 and we will immediately remove that minor’s information from our database as soon as practicable.
QUERIES OR COMPLAINTS