True to the spirit of Aman, the safety and wellbeing of our communities has always been a priority. In the wake of the COVID-19 global pandemic, we are sensitive in following the various compliance and government mandates and keeping the expectations and comfort of guests and staff at the forefront of everything we do.
As Amanyara continues to deliver professional, personalized, genuine and compassionate service, we are aware that we need to continually evaluate, update, and where necessary innovate, our current standards of excellence. We have always prided ourselves on offering guests generosity of space here within our 18-acre nature reserve, where our pristine 1km private beach lapped by crystal clear Caribbean waters is rich with marine life and abundant with nature and fresh air.
In addition, you will find the new and updated government entry requirements for travel to the Turks and Caicos Islands below. These latest updates came into effect May 1, 2022.
Entry Requirements to Turks and Caicos Effective May 1, 2022
All travellers aged 18 and older are required to be fully vaccinated and must present proof of vaccination prior to boarding and entry. To be considered fully vaccinated travellers are required to have had the second dose at least two weeks prior to traveling, or one dose taken over two weeks prior for the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. The vaccines that are currently being accepted are Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, Comirnaty, Spikevax, and Vaxzevria.
Proof of vaccination can either be a digital or paper record which must be presented on arrival. Acceptable forms are:
- E-certificate/digital certificate (such as those from CVS, Walgreens, or the NHS).
- Certification issued by a doctor or government entity.
- Vaccination cards/certificates accepted by national authorities.
- A letter signed by a medical professional (physician or registered nurse) on official letterhead with contact details. Doctor’s registration or license number should be included with details of the first and second dose (date, country, and vaccine you received).
- Authorized government entity record or printed record from an electronic vaccination database.
Visitors under the age of 18 do not need to be vaccinated.
In addition to the guidelines laid out below, Amanyara’ s series of protocols and plans will constantly evolve and be updated as the situation changes. We hope the following instils comfort and confidence that the wellbeing of our guests and staff is of primary focus.
Putting distance between people is the main strategy for reducing COVID-19 infection rates, as well as thorough and ongoing cleaning and sanitization. The below details some changes and procedures that guests can expect during their stay.
- Drivers collect guests from the airport wearing a mask and gloves provided by Amanyara
- Masks will be offered to guests along with hand sanitizer and water bottle. Cars are also equipped with sanitizing solution
- We recommend and offer a guest wellness check on arrival, which includes temperature checks using noncontact thermometers
- On arrival, we disinfect the external part of guests’ luggage, should they agree to it
- Welcome amenities are delivered to rooms once guests have checked in, not before
Housekeeping (Public Areas & Guest Rooms)
- Sanitizer gel or liquid is available in all public areas and re-filled throughout the resort
- The thorough cleaning of public areas with a focus on disinfecting door handles, light switches and all other high-touch areas
- All occupied rooms are sanitized daily with focus on specific high-touch points within the full room perimeter
- To avoid cross contamination, cleaning equipment (sponges, cloths and similar) are changed with every room
- Rooms are refreshed with fresh air by opening windows and doors during servicing
- On arrival, guests are advised that they can opt to have room linen changed, daily, once every two days or only on request. The same applies to the turn down service, with guests opting to have turn down service, or not. We fully understand that some guests may want less interaction and activity within their room
Food & Beverage and Dining
- We offer options for different, more private, dining experiences, with menus focusing on wellness options
- Immune booster beverages have been incorporated into non-alcoholic beverage lists
- The thorough cleaning and sanitizing of all tableware, menus, place mats, salt and pepper shakers take place after each use
- If guests prefer, a one-use (recycled) paper menu is available
- Staff are trained to have minimal contact and communication during service and wear masks when serving guests
- Tables are limited to groups of 10, preferably members of the same household
- Tables are placed more than 6 feet apart
- Utensils are placed on table once the guest is seated
- In room dining is served with all food and drinks covered and staff wear proper PPE, i.e. mask and gloves, upon delivery
Spa & Wellness
- Additional hygiene equipment (i.e.sanitizer wipes) are placed next to fitness equipment for guest use, with the addition of staff cleaning the gym and equipment routinely
- The gym suggested limit is no more than eight guests
- Employees wear face masks at all times and guests are required to wear face masks when entering and exiting the facility
- Each treatment room is stocked with (PPE) for both guests and employee use. Each room has enough sanitizer and wipes/cleaning supplies to ensure the room is cleaned thoroughly between each use
- There is a minimum of a 45-minute turnover time between spa rooms and sessions to allow thorough cleaning of each treatment room
- The spa lobby is equipped with a sanitizing amenity to include gloves, masks and sanitizer
- All complimentary wellness activities are limited to maximum of 6 guests, advance reservations is required at least 24hrs prior
- All private transportation is limited to 5 individuals, including driver, where applicable
- All hotel activities will be offered according to sanitation requirements and social distancing guidelines
- Gatherings in small, confined spaces are limited to a maximum of 5 guests and a maximum of 10 guests for social gatherings in larger areas