From hiking routes through parts of the Kumano Kodo, abundant with streams, rivers, waterfall-laced mountains and past cedar and cypress forests to sacred shrines. Amanemu’s exquisite setting serves as a serene location for forest bathing (Shinrin-yoku) experiences. In addition, the natural hot springs bring the therapeutic powers of water and are perfect for easing muscles after a day of trekking and forest bathing. Guests will benefit from onsen bathing, breathing practice, Zazen meditation, the physical practice of shiatsu and acupuncture and moxa, aquatic body work treatment and exquisite Japanese cuisine using macrobiotic ingredients.
This four-night retreat includes:
- A wellness cuisine meal using macrobiotic ingredients during stay at Amanemu
- Shinrin-yoku (Forest Bathing) experiences in the historical Kumano Kodo pilgrim route
- One treatment (Shiatsu or combination of Shiatsu massage and Moxa or acupuncture)
- An aquatic body work or body massage
- A Buddhism Zazen meditation & ritual by the local monk with Traditional Japanese Tea Ceremony
- Unlimited use of the Thermal Springs and hydro facilities (Steam Room and Dry Sauna)
- Usage of private Onsen per night
- Usage of resort bicycles
This offer is valid for new bookings only, is subject to availability, and is not combinable with any other offer unless specified. This offer is available up to 15 days prior to arrival. Cancel 15 days prior to arrival by 15:00 hotel local time to avoid forfeiture of full stay amount plus tax.